Location: Some open field next to Lexingtone Hotel – Narok
Gadget(s): Nikon D3300
Accessories: Godox Softbox Grid, Yongnuo 560 III
Last week we turned a local Kinyozi into a studio. This week we turn a grazing field to be a sweet spa where the models bathed in the sunset. As usual, I start with ‘others’ 😂
As usual pastor Olonana has to start blessing the venue with his, “Mbinguni kuna shungwa na ndimu” song.
And then we needed one mshungaji to test the camera settings.
Kumbe he reads some politics and has seen those Bwana Tumbos clasping their hands on every photo they take.
And he joins Pastor Olonana
THE END – I mean the end of such faces. The camera is now tested. The settings are okay. Now to what brought us here.
Wakaar: Aki woiye si kesho tutaenda shoot juu leo kumenyesha?
Wakaar: Aki paliiiz! Angalia venye tulikuwa tumebeba nguo
Me: (Almost joking about it, then I realize my pastor is watching) Tutaangalia…
Wakaar: Aki wooooiye…
Here goes the woiye girl 😁
And then… Aki woiye, can I sit?
Then came Elsie, the lady who talks less.
Then we go for a commercial break with Mzee Ojwang’
And Papa Shirandula
Afro-Sinema continues shortly…
As our models changed Sharobaro who happened to be my lights guy took a few
Now we get into Phase II. Elsie leaves us speechless.
Wakaar hits the stage again
And Dayo wraps it for us
That was my first pro-bono shoot in Narok. I was launching a new pricing line that was friendly to university students especially those in Maasai Mara. I really had fun, it was so nice to work with such amazing souls who never called or texted to ask, “Aki zile photos unatuma lini?” – I can tell you for free that photographers hate this question.
Keep tuned. I will be doing more themed shoots in a couple of days.
- Subscribe – I publish every Saturday.
- Are you looking for an event photographer? For someone to shoot you and your family? Let me shoot you – I promise it won’t hurt. Just go to my contact page.
- Have you followed me on Instagram and Facebook?
- Brait Photography’s shop section is done, am uploading my favorite and amazing work of art so that you can have them mounted on your wall or printed on canvas as gifts. Click here to check the shop out.
- I now have a students package. For those in Maasai Mara University Package, you qualify for the amount in my pricing section. For those in Nairobi, you add 1,000 KES above normal rates.